July 23, 2013

Pics, Or it Didn't Happen

When I posted the first Defiance Games Containment Barrier yesterday, I was asked for the colors I used. I also mentioned that I painted a matching barrier in green before I went to work - and was promptly told, "Pics, or it didn't happen!" 

Fine, fine. Here.




Blue
Base coatVMC 51 Prussian Blue
Highlight: VMC 58 Field Blue
Highlight: Field Blue + VMC 123 Dark Sand
Highlight: Previous mix + VMC 001 White
Shade: VMC 050 Dark Prussian Blue
Shade: Black

Green
Base Coat: VMC 086 Luftwaffe Camo Green
Highlight: VMC 081 Medium Olive
Highlight: VMC 079 Golden Olive
Highlight: VMC 020 Sunny Skintone
Highlight: VMC 009 Ivory
Shade: VMC 089 Military Green
Shade: Black

Weathering was applied to both with P3 Bloodstone, and paint chips sponged on with P3 Umbral Umber.

6 comments:

  1. Thank so much for the color info Tom. I lurve them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom - they look fantastic! We're currently running some deals on these - 4 and 10 set packages (60-150 barriers) for $99 and $239 with free worldwide shipping.

    http://defiancegames.com/index.php/shop#!/~/category/id=6106686&offset=0&sort=normal

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. Doesn't prove anything. Maybe it still didn't happen and I'm dreaming. Can you prove I'm not dreaming this? (those look sexy, btw. Your paint makes me want them. But I'm just dreaming, maybe, so whatevs.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom, when airbrushing stuff like this and buildings and such, is your process base-HL-HL-HL-shade?

    ReplyDelete
  5. AND.....what's your go to Airbrush?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *guess* that's my process - I mean, it's not set in stone or anything, just what works for each color I think.

    I use the Master G22 http://www.tcpglobal.com/AirbrushDepot/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemNo=MAS+G22&gclid=CL-tqKis2LgCFap7QgodgjwAFw

    Cheap! It's got a big hang-up in the action, but you can't break the thing. Great for learning, great for terrain. I also recently got a Sotar that has unbelievably sexy action... So smooth! But I'm afraid to use it for big projects like this, where the beater one is fine.

    ReplyDelete