May 22, 2014

Infinity: Oniwaban

The Oniwaban are from the Yu Jing faction of Infinity, and are also part of the Japanese Sectorial Army.


Since I had already opened the box that he came in to do the Keisotsu Butai for demo games, he looked pretty straightforward and I wanted to see how fast I could finish him. He took between 4 and 5 hours.


The black is Black (unsurprisingly), highlighted with a mix of Black and VMC Black Grey, then pure Blak Grey, VMC Neutral Grey, VMC Light Grey, and finally some white to make the armor plates shine.




7 comments:

  1. I think this is the most original paint scheme I've seen for either an Oniwaban or a Ninja from Yu Jing. Really makes me think abotu how I want to paint mine up. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting lazy Tom. I see way more than Black. I see some oranges, browns, blues. How are we supposed to emulate your fine work and take credit for it without all of the information? Let's see that beautiful hand written recipe card in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The orange stripes are Angel's new Yu Jing Orange - like on Sun Tze.
      Brown was 921 English Uniform <> 877 Goldbrown <> 858 Ice Yellow
      The Blues were 069 Turquoise, GW Ice Blue (whatever the Game Colour equivalent is), P3 Frostbite, White, Turquoise Ink.
      The sword (free bonus) is the same as the Keisotsu armor I did.

      Delete
  3. Tom, would you be willing to do a video of how you paint? I'm always trying to improve mine and videos are extremely helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not very soon, anyway, Casey. I don't have the equipment I'd need. I've been toying with the idea of Kickstarting a DVD series, though!

      Delete
    2. yup, I'd throw money at that KS.

      Delete